We have developed an information request form which you may find helpful (download size: 25kb). This form can be used to make a request for information to us under:
- the Data Protection Act 1998. This Act gives you rights to access personal data held about you by us. Your rights are set out in our policy on dealing with requests for information (download size: 188kb) under the Data Protection Act 1998; and/or
- the Freedom of Information Act 2000. This Act gives you rights to access all information held by us, except personal data covered by the data protection access regime. Environmental information held by us which is accessible under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 is also exempt from this regime.
Note: You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your machine to view the form.
Please complete all sections of the information request form when making your request, providing as much detail as possible. Doing so will help us to locate the information and respond to you promptly.
A maximum of £10 can be charged for requests under the Data Protection Act 1998. To enable you to access your information more easily, we do not currently charge this fee.
We will notify you in writing if a charge applies to your request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Although requests will generally be met without charge, charges may apply for costs of postage, photocopying, tapes or disks. In addition, a fee may be charged where significant work is involved in meeting your request for information.
Provided we are in receipt of all necessary information, we will respond within:
- 40 calendar days under the Data Protection Act 1998
- 20 working days under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
Before You Send Your Request
All requests must be in writing. You will need to provide us with a contact email or postal address so we can reply to you. Providing your daytime contact telephone number can help us to get in touch with you quickly if we have any questions about your request.
Where you request personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998, your request must:
- be signed (we will only accept original signatures); and
- be accompanied by proof of your identity, either:
- a copy of photographic identification (eg. your driver’s licence or passport), or
- an original utility bill with your current address (this will be returned to you)
Sending your request
Please return your completed form (with proof of identity if relevant) to:
Freedom of Information
Security Industry Authority
PO Box 49768
Fax: 020 7025 4101
If You Are Not Happy With Our Response
If we are unable to supply your requested data, we will write to you to explain why. You can seek a review of this decision by contacting us at the above address. If you remain dissatisfied with the way we have handled your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Information Commissioner.