The text below summarises Schedule 1 of the Private Security Industry Act 2001.
This Schedule contains detailed provisions about the constitution of the Security Industry Authority, including:
- membership (appointment, tenure and remuneration);
- employment of staff;
- its ability to establish committees;
- delegation of its functions to committees and staff;
- the conduct of its proceedings;
- the seal of the SIA and use of the SIA's documents as evidence;
- financial matters (payments to the SIA, accounts and auditing); and
- the SIA's production of an annual report, which the Secretary of State is to lay before Parliament.
This Schedule also extends to the SIA the provisions of legislation relating to public records, the Parliamentary Commissioner, the payment of pensions, disqualification for election to Parliament or the Northern Ireland Assembly and freedom of information.